Wednesday, August 23, 2006

VS.NET 2k5 sucks.

That is all.



Well maybe not.

VS.NET 2k5 is obviously a half baked product that shouldn't have made it out the door.
  • It's really slow. Like it takes forever to open. Forever to open a project.
  • The Report Designer for reporting services 2k5 has a very heinous bug that requires you to hand edit the xml to remove whitespace or VS.NET crashes when you try and preview the report.
  • The new Web Projects are retarded!

I was really comfortable with VS.NET 2k3 (with Resharper of course) and when I started to use VS.NET 2k5, I really felt like it was a step back. There is *nothing* in the new interface that I really like or that I felt was value added. (this is not true for some of the language additions, but the IDE is really poor).

That is all -- for now.

No comments: